- Peachjar for PARENTS
- PEACHJAR FOR COMMUNITY PARTNERS
- THE GREEN EFFECT
- Guidelines for flyer distribution
Peachjar is an innovative flyer management system that sends school-approved digital flyers directly to parents' inboxes! Think of the Peachjar system as an electronic backpack for parents! This “green” initiative will save our schools tons of paper and reduce copy costs by thousands of dollars.
Now, parents can easily find, view flyers, and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events. To sign up, click on your child's campus to the right and follow the instructions.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will no longer be distributed.
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as an Enrichment / Community Org. (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval.
- Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on our guidelines (see below). Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. You can pick the school or schools you wish to partner with on any flyer.
As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology, and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery. The district has contracted Peachjar to provide this service. Peachjar provides an innovative flyer management system that sends school-approved digital flyers directly to parents' inboxes and posts them online. Now, parents can easily find and view flyers and take action immediately to sign up for activities and events.
Please contact SHARON ANGLIM at (865) 982-7121 with any additional questions.
To be considered by the district for digital distribution, the following guidelines must be met.
All flyers will automatically have the following disclaimer add to the eflyer:
“This electronic flyer service is provided as an informational resource for consideration by parents and staff in the Maryville City Schools. Distribution through this resource does not imply endorsement by the school or district. Parents/guardians should seek references or independently research all community programs before allowing youth participation.”
· The goal of this distribution service is to provide information to families about “enrichment” activities in the community. The district will not allow distribution of flyers for commercial purposes or purposes unrelated to the district’s educational mission.
· Flyers should be age and/or developmentally appropriate for targeted students.
· All flyers are posted in PDF format and must be smaller than 3 MB in file size.
· No fundraising flyers – except those approved for school purposes.
· Flyers should never include inappropriate language, promote any unlawful act, proselytize religious beliefs, discriminate against any group, or promote political views.
· Organizational information on the flyer should not imply a close alliance with the schools, where none exists.
Permission to distribute flyers does not constitute an endorsement of the event, program or organization by the school or school district.