Optional insurance for your student device, covering theft, burglary, or robbery, is provided by SAFEWARE on behalf of the school district. Following are details you will need to secure a policy for the 2019-2020 school year:
- N24 Lenovo Laptop coverage for one year is $4.24
- Lenovo 300e Laptop coverage for one year is $4.64
- iPad coverage for one year is $4.17
WEBSITE (to establish coverage)
- my.safeware.com (not www.safeware.com)
- userid = mcs
- password = rebels
- This portal will be open on August 6, 2019 and close on September 15, 2019. After this window, parents must bring the device to school and write a check for coverage.
- Please have the device serial number handy to complete the enrollment form. On a laptop, the number is located on the bottom of the device and begins with "service tag S/N". On the iPad, go to Settings --> About --> Serial Number. DO NOT USE THE A000012345 ASSET TAG/BARCODE. It is not the serial number and will cause errors with your policy.
- Should theft, burglary, or robbery occur, Safeware will require a police report, filed with the police department within five (5) days. You then have 60 days from the date of the loss to complete a claim through the central office @ 833 Lawrence Ave.
- Any claim will be paid to Maryville City Schools for replacement of the device.
- Should questions arise, the telephone number for help at Safeware is (614) 643-3145 or the district office at (865) 982-7121.
- Should you experience theft, burglary, or robbery and need to complete a claim against your insurance policy, the claim form link is provided below.