A Substitute is an applicant type for those applicants who ensure that educational opportunities continue for our students when regular employees are absent from work. The district fills substitute positions only for certified teachers, special education assistants and food service workers.
Thank you for your interest in Maryville City Schools! In order to be considered for employment with the district, you must first submit an online application. You must have a valid email account in order to apply.
Please apply at https://mcsd.tedk12.com/hire. You must complete the online application and answer the background questions in order for your application to receive consideration.
Your online application will be kept active in our system for one (1) year from the date you last submitted and/or updated your application. Make sure to keep your online application updated as you gain additional experience or education or wish to modify your personal information or references.
If you do not have access to a computer, printer and/or scanner or if you require other accommodations in completing your online application, please contact Human Resources at 865-982-7121 for assistance.
In addition to the completed online application, you must attach the following documents to be considered for employment.
- Copies of Transcripts: Copies of your high school and/or college transcripts are required, as applicable. If you have completed an Associates’ Degree or higher from an accredited institution, you are not required to submit your high school transcript.
- Copy of ParaPro (Praxis) Scores: Applies to Educational Assistant positions only. Attach a copy of your ParaPro (Praxis) test scores if you do not have at least 48 semester hours of courses from an accredited institution.
- Copies of Licenses/Certificates: Attach a copy of any current license/certificate that you hold that is required for any jobs that you are applying for, including a Tennessee teaching license or a nursing license, if applicable.
- References: Three letters of reference are required; anyone listed on the Reference tab will receive an automated request to complete a reference form if/when you are being considered for a specific position.
MCS Substitute Teacher Pay Scale
- with high school diploma ‐ $68/day
- with college degree ‐ $78/day
- with teacher licensure ‐ $93/day