What if I do not have access to a computer, printer, scanner, or online access to complete an application?
- Applicants can visit the Central Office and use district equipment to complete the application.
What if I do not have an email account?
- Free email accounts are available online through a variety of sources.
Will paper copies of required items be accepted?
- No, all required items must be scanned and attached to your online application.
What if I need an accommodation to complete the application process?
- To request accommodations during the application process, contact the Human Resources Department for assistance at 865.982.7121.
Do I need to be a citizen of the United States to apply?
- The district will hire United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. All new employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9), issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, which requires documentation to establish this eligibility. The district participates in the E-Verify Program.
FOR CERTIFIED APPLICANTS ONLY: I completed an application in the old system: Do I have to complete a new application?
- Yes, effective March 19, 2018, we are using a completely NEW system.
What if I do not have a current Tennessee teaching license and I am applying for a certified teaching position?
- Any offer of employment for a certified position could be contingent upon a valid Tennessee teaching license with the appropriate endorsements. You may apply for a Tennessee teaching license at the Office of Teacher Licensure at https://www.tn.gov/education/licensing.html
When should I apply for a position?
- You may apply at any time throughout the year and can be considered for positions for which you are qualified as they become available.
How do I know the district has received my application?
- You will receive a confirmation email once you submit your application to let you know that you are finished and your application has been received.
How will I be notified regarding an interview?
- You will be notified by the hiring department when you have been selected for an interview. In fact, the new system we are using for the hiring process will automatically email selected candidates as details of pending interviews take shape.
When do you interview for positions that are shown as open?
- Interviews may begin anytime a qualified applicant pool is present. With hard-to-fill positions, an interview may be scheduled with only a single qualified candidate if other qualified candidates are not available.