Maryville City Schools families who qualify for free or reduced lunch and breakfast may apply online
or pick-up the required forms at the school.
LINK HERE to apply today!
Free and Reduced Breakfast and Lunch Options
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for free or reduced price meals, applications will be sent home with your child at the beginning of the school year or you may contact the central offices at 865.982.7121. Starting in July 2012, you can also link to the online application form [LINK HERE].
How long does it take to go into affect?
There will be some delay at the beginning of the school year due to volume, but we typically have a response within one week.
Who can I contact with questions regarding the application process?
You may contact the Food Service Coordinator in the Central Office at 865.982.7121 or via email at mailto: email@example.com .
PayPAMS is the Parent Account Management System selected by the Maryville City Schools to provide an automated payments solution for parents and guardians to make lunch payments online. It is also a convenient way to check account balances and monitor cafeteria purchases.
- Select TN for the state
- Select Maryville City School district
- Review the welcome page, which includes payment terms at the top, and click continue
- You can now start to add your children, one at a time. You will need each student's full name and date of birth.
You can now begin making payments. Your account is refreshed online with the new account balance after the funds are received and processed. You will receive an email indicating the transaction is complete.
- For assistance, visit the PayPAMS website and click on "HELP"
- Create your own secure userid and password, then file for future reference.
- If you forget your password, go to the PayPAMS site and click on the "Forgot Password" link
- Each transaction includes a $1.95 processing fee
- You will receive an email when your account is replenished or if your payment is declined
- When creating your account profile, include your email for low balance and account activity notifications. Also, update your email address in your profile as needed.
In the past few years, our cafeteria service has transitioned from a cost center to a profit center. Overall, improvements have been realized through technology enhancements, staffing refinements, budgetary discipline and oversite that continually focuses on operational improvements and cost savings for the district.
Our website statistics indicate a high volume of viewers on our menu page. Our goal is to keep lunch menus as current as possible, but occasionally commodities or special opportunities make it necessary to change a menu at the last minute.
Another website parents frequent is our payments online feature - making it simple to transfer funds and check fund balances of student lunch accounts. Accounts with low balances receive automated phone calls asking parents to review balances and transfer funds as needed.
Hope to see you in the lunch line at your child's school very soon!
USDA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER AND EMPLOYER.