Clinic & Wellness
The Employee Clinic will be closed beginning Monday, August 30th until further notice. Both our employee nurse and nurse practitioner are being reassigned duties to meet nursing needs at Blount Memorial Hospital.
For Workplace Injuries please follow the below guidelines:
Report the Injury: Every injured employee shall, immediately upon the occurrence of an injury or as soon thereafter as is reasonable and practicable, notify his or her immediate supervisor that an injury has occurred. In addition, notice must be provided to Human Resources.
Seeking further Medical Treatment (pharmacy benefits, physical therapy, specialist referral, etc.): When medical treatment is required, an appointment will be coordinated for you. Note: Charges for medical treatment (including prescriptions) received as a result of a work related injury/illness should not be filed on your personal health insurance.
Panel of Physicians: Tennessee Code Annotated §50-6-204(a)(4)(A) requires an employer to offer a panel of three (3) physicians. While the clinic is temporarily closed, please use the other two physician options and/or the BMH ER.
1. Blount Memorial Occupational Health at Care Today Clinic 266 Joule Street Alcoa, TN 37701 865-983-0093
2. Park Med 117 Gill Street Alcoa, TN 37701 865-982
3. AFTER HOURS OPTION: Blount Memorial Hospital Emergency Room 907 E. Lamar Alexander Pkwy, Maryville, TN 37803 / 865-977-5504
Staff Wellness Classes
Yoga Tuesdays at MRIS Library 3:15 pm
HIIT Thursdays at SHE Gym 3:15 pm
FREE to ALL MCS Employees
No sign up required — just bring yourself, a mat, & water!
If you have questions, contact:
At the Clinic!
The clinic sees Maryville City Schools employees (full-time and part-time). The clinic will also see family members on MCS medical insurance (dependents ages 6 – 26 and spouses).
Benefits of using the clinic:
- Treatment for episodic illnesses and injuries
- Annual wellness exams
- Pre-placement physicals
- No copayment
- Pre-packaged prescription medications
- In-house point-of-care testing, such as cholesterol and strep
- Reduced wait time
- Health and wellness education