Alternative Learning Center
Maryville Academy (MA) offers a safe and structured educational program for Maryville City Schools students in grades 7-12 who are not allowed to participate in classes at their base school. MA staff focus on building positive relationships with students and families, while maintaining open communication with everyone involved in the educational process.
- PROFESSIONAL EDUCATORS: On-site staff includes three certified teachers and two teaching assistants. In an effort to closely follow curriculum and sequencing at each base school, MA staff are in regular communication with faculty and administrators at MHS, MJHS, and the two intermediate schools.
- BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT: Maryville Academy utilizes a level point system designed to help students become academically and behaviorally accountable. Staff incorporates various interventions, incentives, and rewards for students who continue to work hard - staying on track with attendance, grades, and behavior.
- COUNSELING: Social-emotional therapy is provided to students through a partnership with Helen Ross McNabb. In addition, MA staff includes a licensed alcohol and drug counselor for any student or family needing additional support.
- SMALL CLASSES allow for individual instruction, remediation, and credit recovery.
- SERVICE: Students earn the opportunity to work with younger students at neighboring John Sevier Elementary - which has been a win-win arrangement for many years.
8:20 AM - 3:20 PM