HEALTH INSURANCEMCS is currently working with Get Covered America to help parents get more information about health insurance options for you and your children through TennCare, CoverKids, and the Health Insurance Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act.Our goal is to identify and assist caregivers of children who are eligible for TennCare, Coverkids, or ACA health insurance subsidies, with information about how to enroll for access to vision, dental, mental health care, medical care and medications.
1. 66% of uninsured children nationwide are eligible for Medicaid (TennCare) or CHIP (CoverKids).
2. The majority of children and adults eligible for benefits have a family member who has one of the following: Free/reduced lunch, SNAP benefits, or Earned Income tax credit.
3. Half of those eligible for benefits have at least one school age child.
4. Young adults and families @ <200% Federal Poverty Level may be eligible for high subsidies which provide very low cost premiums, deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums.
BY PHONEHow to Book an Appointment with a Health Insurance Navigator by Phone
1) Call the state-wide hotline at 1-844-644-5443 to get information or schedule an appointment
2) Call the Navigator for your county at (865) 531-2766 to get information or schedule an appointment
Speak with a representative or leave a message for someone to return your call. Please include your full name, phone number, and county of residence in your message.
ONLINEHow to Book an Appointment with a Health Insurance Navigator Online
1) Go to getcoveredtenn.org/commit from any web browser
2) Under “Find Local Help” input your zip code and hit “Search”
3) Choose your preferred location and select “Schedule Online”
4) Choose the day and time of your appointment from the list
5) Fill in your contact information and select “Schedule Appointment”
A Navigator will call you to confirm your scheduled appointment and learn more about your situation.