DISTRICT and iREACH NEWS
TO: MCS FAMILIES
May 15, 2017
- DEVICE COLLECTION (Current grades 4-12) *Note below for Elementary parents
- DATES: Student devices (tablets or laptops) will be collected during school on the following days:
- MHS – Seniors on May 16; Juniors and Sophomores on May 25.
- MJHS – May 24 and 25
- CGIS – May 17-25
- MRIS – May 17-25
- MAINTENANCE: In preparation for collection, please use a slightly dampened, soft cloth to wipe down the outside front and back covers of your students’ device, as well as the keyboard area and screen. Also remove any accessories (including USB devices) added by the student.
- CHARGERS and SLEEVES: As you know, devices are turned in for the summer, but families keep the charger and sleeve (except for seniors, who turn in everything, and 4th graders, who turn in chargers with their device). The fee for a lost laptop charger is $30 and $40 for an iPad charger. The fee for a lost sleeve is $35. Devices are inspected and bills issued for damages or missing components. Anyone transferring out of the school district over the summer must return the charger and sleeve at the school or district office.
*ELEMENTARY: Collection of devices used by students in our elementary schools will be handled by the school technology coordinators. Our school technology coordinators will also take care of deployment of devices for all rising K-3rd graders after school starts back in August. Parents of rising 4th graders will need to follow the device deployment plan below.
- DEVICE DEPLOYMENT
- DATES: As communicated to parents via e-mail on May 3rd, deployment for pre-registered families will be held at MHS on July 18, July 20, and July 24. Over 300 families have already secured a date and time that fits their busy summer schedule. Link to https://ireach2017.eventbrite.com to secure your spot too. The date for non-registered families to “drop-in” for deployment is July 29th (9am – noon and 1pm to 4pm).
- CHARGES: The annual usage charge for devices is $40 per student (grades 4-12). You can pay your charges in advance by linking to http://bitly.com/ireachpayment.
YEAR-END DISTRICT NEWS for all families
- Graduation is scheduled for Friday, May 19th at 7 pm. Congratulations to the Class of 2017!
- May 25th is the last day for students in Maryville. The 25th is a full day, except at MHS where the exam-day schedule will apply.
- Rising 8th graders will NOT attend school on Wednesday, May 24th. Instead, MJHS will host a Sneak Peek Open House on July 27th from 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. and a second Open House opportunity on August 3rd at 6 p.m.
- Rising 4th through 7th graders will participate in orientation activities on May 24th.
- We will host the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) again this summer at MHS. This free meal program is offered from June 5 through July 21 to anyone under the age of 18 who lives in Blount County. Breakfast is served from 8:30 a.m. – 10 a.m. and lunch from 11 a.m. – noon.
- Save the date for our 2017 REBEL READY (back-to-school block party) event … Saturday, August 26th at MHS!
- News of summer activities in the community can be found online at https://www.maryville-schools.org/Page/4798 . As always, keep the Blount County Public Library in mind this summer. You may be interested in the 2017 BCPL summer reading program called “Build a Better World.”
- Our district central office will be open all summer. Normal office hours in the summer are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., with lunch from noon until 1 p.m. Should questions or concerns arise, don’t hesitate to contact us at 982-7121.
Please participate in the annual district parent survey … we value your input and hope you will take a few moments to complete the survey for each student in your household. This survey will close on May 31st . https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Families_2017